UC Riverside Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Requirements
UC Riverside 2010 TAG Requirements
How TAG Works
Check with your transfer center as UCR representatives visit community college campuses on a regular basis. While meeting with a counselor, you will discuss both your eligibility to the University and your eligibility to the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program. As a community college student and TAG participant, you receive course-planning assistance from a UCR Transfer Counselor or a counselor from the transfer center. When you complete the provisions of your TAG contract, it guarantees your admission to UCR. With the economy effecting budgets at universities and community colleges across the state of California and the United States, it’s important to take advantage of opportunities and college resources such as this one. Are you unable to meet personally with a UCR Transfer Counselor? Not a problem, UCR makes the process relatively easy for students. You simply download and complete the printer-friendly Evaluation Form and mail it with copies of all your community college transcripts if you have completed any course work. The Transfer Admission Guarantee is available for all majors.
No minimum qualifications are required to receive a TAG contract. The only requirements are for what needs to be complete at the time of your admission to UCR. For a list of those requirements please refer to the Project Assist website. We will be addressing Project Assist and the many uses of it in future articles. But now would be a great time to explore by visiting the site and going to “agreements between UCR and a community college” for all major specific requirements.
To receive the TAG contract:
- You must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 qualified. International students are also eligible to receive a TAG contract.
- All your course work must be completed at a California community college. Although UC Riverside accepts course work from other colleges and universities, we write TAG contracts for students with course work taken exclusively at California community colleges.
- Meet with a UCR transfer counselor or UCR representative.
To guarantee your admission to UCR you must:
- Complete at least 60 semester (90 quarter) UC transferable units with the required GPA for your specific major before transfer. Achieve a minimum 2.4 GPA for majors in the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (other than Business Administration). Achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA for Business Administration and completion of all required courses necessary to satisfy selection criteria as outlined on Project Assist. Achieve a minimum 2.8 GPA for majors within the Bourns College of Engineering and completing the Engineering selection criteria as outlined on the Bourns College of Engineering website. Achieve a minimum 2.7 GPA for majors within the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences.
- Maintain good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher) during your last full-term of attendance before transfer.
- Submit your UC application during the appropriate filing period as indicated on your TAG educational plan.
- Apply for your contracted major* and for your contracted term.
* If you plan to change your major after approval of this contract, you must contact a UCR recruitment counselor. For additional information on UC Riverside or the TAG program, visit your individual transfer centers on campus.
College Help: “Don’t wait until the year you want to transfer to ask about the TAG program, this needs to be completed 1 year before transferring.”
Tags: college, College Resources, college transfer, community college transfer, Project Assist, students, TAG, transfer, Transfer Admission Guarantee, transfer center, transfer students, uc, UCR, university of california, University of California Riverside