The CollegetoCareers $250 You’re In! Scholarship
Enter Your Name and Email Address Below for More Available Scholarships ↓
The Scholarship Connection
FREE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES – SIGN UP NOW!
Looking for a Scholarship?
You’re in! So now what? CollegetoCareers.com is awarding its annual scholarships. If you are a high school student or community college transfer student who has recently been accepted to a four-year college or university, now’s your chance at a scholarship to pay for those pricey textbooks you’ll need in the fall. Just follow the instructions below and submit your post in The CollegetoCareers $250 You’re In! Scholarship thread on our CollegeToCareers forum page.
Eligibility for this Scholarship
This scholarship is for any high school senior or community college transfer student that has received an acceptance letter to a college or university for Fall 2011. If this is you, you are eligible to apply!
Do you need to be a California resident to get this scholarship? Answer is No. There are no residency requirements needed to receive this scholarship. If you have been accepted to a four-year college, you are eligible!
The last day to apply for this scholarship is Friday, June 17, 2011 at 11:59pm. You can start submitting your entry now!
What Are the Requirements for this Scholarship?
It’s actually really easy. All you need to do is:
- Submit proof of your acceptance through an online screen shot or an uploaded picture of your acceptance letter
- Share your cumulative GPA when you applied (Note: How high your GPA is does not affect your chances of winning this scholarship, we just share this information with others who might have questions in a similar situation)
- Any extracurricular activities you were involved in
- What you wrote about for your personal statements (this doesn’t have to be super specific, we just want to know the general idea)
- How well you think you did on your personal statements (on a scale from 1 to 10)
- Any special circumstances you had (i.e. education gaps, withdrawals, life challenges, etc.)
(For an example of a qualified submission, take a look at the screen shot below)
To Apply, Follow These Directions
- Applications for this scholarship will be accepted in the form of a forum posting. There is a specific “The CollegetoCareers $250 You’re In! Scholarship” thread in our college forum for submissions
- You will need to create a username with CollegetoCareers.com in order to post in the forum
- And for all the trolls out there: you will need to sign up for the forum with a “.edu” email address (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org). This will be the email with which we will contact the recipients of this scholarship. (let us know if you don’t have a .edu email address and we’ll work it out!)
How Will the Scholarship Recipients be Chosen?
Our CollegeToCareers Scholarship Committee will select recipients based on the entries of people whose posts are complete and best meet the criteria above. So make sure you submit your proof of acceptance and your academic stats as listed below.
*Awards will be based on the number of applicants*
To prevent fraud, the recipients will be asked to verify their identity via email. We will ask you for verification of your acceptance letter with your name on it to email@example.com. The payment will be made to the student listed on the acceptance. More details will be given to the recipients.
One Last Thing…
The CollegeToCareers $250 You’re In! Scholarship is NOT based on merit or how many schools you were admitted to. If you are one of those smarty-pants who were admitted to more than one school, you only need to post proof of acceptance to one of your schools to qualify for this scholarship. Any additional pictures or information are welcome…but won’t help your chances.
Please provide honest and accurate information as we would like to provide future applicants coming to this site with helpful and useful information. Pay it forward!
EXAMPLE OF A QUALIFIED SUBMISSION:
- Accepted to: UC Irvine, UC Davis, UCSD
- Applied to: UC Irvine, UC Davis, UCLA, UCSD
- Major: Business Administration (UCI), Pre-Business Economics (UC Davis, Business Economics (UCLA), Management Science (UCSD)
- GPA: 3.9 (IF APPLICABLE)
- SAT I: 2100 (IF APPLICABLE)
- SAT II: 700 Math II, 780 Biology, 730 English (IF APPLICABLE)
- APs: AP Euro (4), AP U.S. History (5), AP Biology (5), AP Statistics (3) (IF APPLICABLE)
- ECs: Commissioner of Finance (student government), Intramural Sports
- Personal Statements: For prompt #1, I wrote about my work experience and how that relates to my interest in Business Administration. For prompt #2, I wrote about overcoming my hardship of _______. On a scale from 1 t0 10, I would rate my essays a 8 overall because I am not completely confident in how well I explained my ideas.
If you have any questions, would like to leave a comment, OR better yet apply for the scholarship, check out The CollegetoCareers $250 You’re In! Scholarship thread on our College Forum! Also, if you have a website, either through your school or blog, help spread the word for your chance at college gear. Post this scholarship information on your webpage, link back to this page, and just let us know you did this at firstname.lastname@example.org.