San Jose State University Experiencing Technical Difficulties
In a recent announcement from San Jose State University, Apparently, it had been experiencing technical difficulties over this past weekend. They are aware that this may have prevented students from meeting their May 1st deadline.
They have asked students to follow specific steps:
- Email SJSU with your full name and SJSU ID, if they have not already done so.
- Continue to watch your MySJSU account and/or email account for further information about how to complete their intent to enroll for Fall 2011.
In response to what had occurred over the last 48 hours with respect to the Next Steps web site and communication to students, SJSU announced:
We responded to all students who emailed Next Steps or Admission indicating that they were unable to complete the process by the deadline due to technical difficulties. They received a version of the message above.
We have placed a splash page up at the Next Steps web site address with the same information cited above.
Here is what they plan to do even before the site comes back up:
- Communicate with affected students in the following categories using the following means:
- We will post updates on this situation to the MySJSU log in page.
- Students who have completed the process with the exception of paying for orientation and/or housing will receive an email and MySJSU message directing them to pay for these items through the Cashnet system (this does not require a working Next Steps site)
- Students who have emailed Next Steps and/or Admission will receive a personalized response with directions how to complete the process specific to their status in the Next Steps process.
When the site comes back on line:
They will communicate again with affected students with information regarding how to complete the process.
They will offer these students an extended window to complete the process. That window will be commensurate with the amount of time the students would have had to complete the process had the site not gone down prior to the deadline (approximately 72 hours).