CSULB will accept upper division transfer applications Spring 2011
Recently, we highlighted updates from CSULB about spring 2011 applications and admissions. As the state of the budget is in constant flux, the decision to accept applications has changes.
This week, CSULB Admissions sent out an update to the update highlighting the following:
The CSU is allowing campuses to collect applications so transfers could enroll in the spring should the budget become a reality even though we have no new information on both the timing of an actual budget, nor on the Governor’s proposal for increased enrollment funding passing. Here is the CSU’s notice to applicants:
CSU SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING THE SPRING 2011 ADMISSION APPLICATION PROCESS
The initial application filing period for admission to the Spring 2011 term begins on August 1, 2010 and continues until August 31, 2010. Since the California Governor and Legislature have not yet adopted a budget, the CSU’s do not know the number of students it can admit.
Once the California budget is passed
Once the Governor approves a budget, each California State University (CSU) campus to which students apply will notify them about next steps and options:
- if the budget provides funding to increase CSU enrollment, each campus will finalize its review of their admission eligibility for the Spring 2011 term, or
- if the budget does not provide additional funding to increase CSU’s enrollment, they will have the option either of
- requesting that their admission application be changed from Spring 2011 to the Fall 2011 term, or
- requesting that the admission application be withdrawn and the application fee be refunded.
As a result CSULB will accept community college transfer applications for Spring 2011 from August 1 to August 31. Applications will be accepted but admission will only be offered should the state Legislature and Governor sign a budget that grants additional enrollment growth funding to the CSU as the Governor has proposed.
As the email states:
- CSULB applicants must have completed all of the minimum CSU eligibility requirements by the end of the Summer 2010 term to be considered for spring admission.
- CSULB will be open to all majors except Radiation Therapy and Social Work which only take fall cohorts.
- Additional lower division course pre-requisites for impacted majors which were recently announced, applied to Fall 2011 applicants, not to Spring 2011 applicants.
As we continue to get updates from four year universities, community colleges and the CSU Chancellor’s office, we will keep you posted of all upcoming changes.
Tags: 2011 applications, 2011 spring admissions, 2011 spring applications, 2011 spring transfer, Cal State Long Beach, califonia state university long beach, college transfer, community college transfer, csu chancellor's office, csu transfers, csulb, csulb 2011 spring transfer, csulb spring transfer, spring transfer, transfer news, transfer updates