California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) 2010-2011 Updates
San Francisco (CollegeToCareers.com)- California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) sent out an email Thursday morning to community colleges updating them on recent news about CSULB and the upcoming 2010 – 2011 academic year. It stated that CSULB remains committed to transfer student success and to partnering with community colleges to help students meet their educational and transfer goals. The Beach, as it’s affectionately known, is committed to providing the latest transfer admission information to help facilitate transfer students’ access and successful transition to CSULB.
The following are updates for 2010-2011.
- CSULB received an unprecedented number of applications for Fall 2010.
- Over 71,000 applications were received of which 21,973 applications were from transfers students. That’s an increase of 48.6% from previous years.
- Despite budget challenges, CSULB is welcoming approximately 200 more new transfer students this September 2010 than they did last Fall 2009.
- At this time, CSULB is closed to transfer students for Spring 2011. This is consistent to most CSU’s in the CSU system.
- If the state budget is passed in a timely manner and allows for increased enrollment, new transfers will be a priority.
- CSULB expects to increase the size of the transfer class for Fall 2011. The size of the increase will depend on the outcome of the state budget. We will post more here as budget news develops.
- All transfer admission requirements for Fall 2011 must be completed by the end of the previous Spring semester. Summer coursework in progress will no longer be allowed for any majors.
- All impacted majors now require completion of specific lower-division courses along with other supplemental requirements.
A link to our comprehensive impacted majors Web site is provided below.
- Communicative Disorders has been added as an impacted major.
Important CSULB Links:
Fall 2011 Impacted major preparation with the new supplemental requirements:
Fall 2009 Transfer GPA’s:
Additional CSULB Updates:
- Nursing majors get ready! The School of Nursing will open its doors to a 4.3 million dollar building addition this August which will provide a state-of-the-art computer lab and additional classrooms.
- The Student Recreation and Wellness Center will also open this August with a new 126,000 square foot, two story, state-of- the-art recreation facility for all students, associates and affiliates (including CSULB alums).
For additional CSULB transfer information, visit CSULB Admissions .
Tags: Cal State Long Beach, california state university, California State University Long Beach, csu, csu fall 2010 transfer, csu spring 2011 transfer, csulb, csulb nursing, csulb nursing program, fall 2011 transfer, LBSU, Long Beach, Long Beach St., Long Beach State, Long Beach transfer, nursing major, transfer, transfer news, transfer student, transfer to csu, transfer to csulb