CSU Chico Spring 2011 Admission Applications
Another California State University (CSU) announces their plans for spring 2011 transfer applications and admissions. This is one of many updates and announcements to come out about universities and their plans for 2010 – 2011 and 2011 – 2012 college admissions.
CSU Chico Applications
CSU, Chico will accept applications for the spring 2011 semester from eligible upper-division transfer students within their service area. The filing period will be the same as the other CSU’s, which is Aug. 1 – 31, 2010.
Waiting on the State Budget
Again, due to the budget uncertainty, applications will be accepted, but will be processed conditionally. This means that NO offer of admission will be made until the budget, including funding to support an increase in CSU’s enrollment has been established.
Once a budget is adopted, you will be notified of your options:
- If the budget provides funding to increase CSU enrollment, Chico will finalize the review of your admission eligibility for the Spring 2011 term.
- If the budget does not provide additional funding to increase CSU’s enrollment, students will have the option to either (a) request that your admission application be deferred from Spring 2011 to the Fall 2011term or (b) request that your admission application be withdrawn and the application fee be refunded.It is anticipated this decision will be made in mid September pending budget passage.
You are considered a service-area applicant if, prior to fall 2010, you last attended one of the following California Community Colleges in our service area:
Butte, College of the Siskiyous, Feather River, Lassen, Shasta, or Yuba.
To be considered for admission to CSU, Chico, transfer applicants must meet
the following minimum CSU eligibility requirements (which are similar to all other CSU institutions:
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester units by the end of fall 2010 (no winter intersession work allowed to meet admission requirements); and
- Complete General Education requirements in written communication, oral communication,critical thinking, and mathematics with a “C” or higher in each course by the end of fall 2010; and
- Possess a minimum 2.0 cumulative, transferable GPA and be in good academic standing at the last institution attended.
If you have questions regarding the above, please contact the Office of Admissions at CSU Chico prior to beginning the college application.
Tags: Chico, Chico State, Chico State University, community college service area, csu, csu 2011, csu 2011 applications, csu 2011 transfer application, csu admissions, CSU applications, csu chico, CSU Chico admissions, CSU Chico applications, csu service area